having got very positive feedback from a bunch of people who saw Az’s bracelet, i’m thinking of trying to make some more bracelets. we’ll see how that goes!

i’ve dug out some of my old canes (why yes, i do still have canes from over 5 years ago! and i can still use them!) to make some beadies with:

(note: these are one of my alltime favorite canes to make, so easy, so cute…)


these are my beloved glow in the dark spiderweb canes! i LOVE glow in the dark clay. i hope someday to have a camera nice enough to take pictures of their glowyness. there is also a white cane, in addition to the ones shown above, i just didn’t get a chance to slice it up and make into beads yet. these are going to make awesome bracelets!

i also made some smaller buttons out of the spiderweb canes, too. i’ve never really made buttons with any of my stuff before, but they came out sorta cute:




my wonderful friend Az was visiting from california this week, she also has a mild case of polymeritis (okay, okay, it’s not a mild case at all!). i made her an adorable sushi bracelet, which she loved.

there will be no pictures of it here due to me forgetting to take a damn picture of it, ha! but i have taken pictures of the leftover beads.

sushi beads

and i think i shall be making a sushi bracelet of my own here pretty soon. i promise to take a picture of it!

in other news, i’ve been playing around with the canes i’ve made, attempting to make a few beads. here’s some cupcakes!

cupcake beads

i’m thinking i will need to “finish” these ones, since there’s visible cat hair on them that refuses to disappear, LOL! some sanding and buffing…i need to buy some varnish…

om nom nom

honestly, i’ve had this idea for about six months now and it was the real reason for getting back into claying (well, other than the unemployment lol). i wanted to see how it would come out.

took me a couple days just brain storming and drawing different items. and about three afternoons to put it all together, at that point it looked like this:

cane before reducing

cane before reducing

it’s hard to tell, but it’s about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide and an inch or so thick.

here’s the finished product after reducing the hell out of it:

the “cake” part didn’t want to reduce as readily as the “frosting” part, BUT it’s still came out pretty adorable.

i’ve got about four variations in my head and sketchbook on this theme…can’t wait to try them!


dragged out and cleaned up my handy dandy toaster oven this afternoon.

first test baking (just to make sure that everything still worked):

test baking

since that went okay i baked up an old cane that i had:

watermelon cane

i had always read that canes sliced so much easier once they were baked, that you could get more uniform size and whatnot….

watermelon beads

I’m apparently broken when it comes to cutting anything of uniform size, lol!
It does slice up pretty nicely once it’s just started to cool, but i don’t like how it leaves the surface scratched up and cloudy. i think i prefer the way they look when i’ve sliced them before baking. less “finishing” to be done then!