i’ve got a lot of charms n such. like a lifetime’s worth of collected bits and bobbles. i’ve had this idea in my head for a little bit of actually doing something with these things, perhaps involving clay. i decided to start simple and was pretty happy with the results.
here’s the first one i tried:
a blue chandelier crystal with black clay swirls, clay was dusted with silver pearl ex pigment before baking. pritty!
that went fairly well so i moved on to a clear chandelier crystal:
this time it’s purple clay swirls with the interference violet pearl ex powder. made for a beautiful metallic purple, but the interference powder stuck to the crystal, adhered itself to it during baking and made the crystal kinda frosted-like. i plan on adding more to the crystal itself, rebaking, to see if it will make it frostier. then i’ll just say i meant to have it come out like that!
i think i might need to find a chandelier crystal supplier…